Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Day 2

Alright Day 2! I don't know about you guys but I am STILL tired from this weekend.
Before I dive in I just wanted to share a little something that impacted me this past weekend.
While I was talking to a few fellow Barnabusians in training, I said that I wish it was the summer already so we could start! Afterwords Andy wisely said that it was "all in the journey" leading up to houseboats. It took me awhile to realize, but he was completely right. The journey we all take, with this super ultra packet, and with our development towards becoming better servants, molds us throughout the weeks to prepare us for when we start our adventure! Im very thankful for this conversation I had with Andy.

So with today's verse for meditation I think the first thing to do is acknowledge that we have to TRUST God when He says He will always be there for you. This is evident by The Spirit. So if the Spirit is with us always then we will always have His freedom in our lives.

Also, while reading this verse in my Bible with commentary, it reiterates the fact that in verse 6 it proclaims "...the Spirit gives life." So we know now that the Spirit gives life and freedom to whoever finds it and invites it into their hearts. More importantly, we have God's gift of freedom all because of our new lives in Him.

The feeling I have from this verse is with God breaking down our timidity, self-doubt, and fear, we are now free and fearless to be righteous in His name! Pretty powerful stuff. Since we are now free to express ourselves as Christ's servants, He blesses each one of us with different, God-drawn talents. So use those talents to glorify Him and spread His kingdom! I also realize that with our own "tailor-made" blend of expressions (talents), God shows us that we are not just a generic creation, but He has an individual, personal interest in YOU!!!

With these gifts from God, modeled in Jesus' life, now given to us, we must use them as we become ambassadors of Christ. With the Spirit as our guidance we show to others Jesus' love for them and how He has molded us and highlighted our lives and talents. These individual gifts help us break free from this evil world and Satan, who tries to fill us with whispers of self-doubt, fear, and timidity.

Will we let our individual talents given to us by God help spread His kingdom as fearless servants through the Holy Spirit? Or will we succumb to Satan's whispers that we are unable to do so?

I pray that we will become fearless servants who use our own different talents to shine God's light to everyone around us.

No comments:

Post a Comment