Saturday, March 26, 2011

LOVE

Hello friends =]
Hope everyone had a great week!
Well! This week has been busy to say the least but these devos helped me put things into perspective...

Tuesdays was so amazing I just had to write about it :)
"For I wrote you out of great distress and anguish of heart and with many tears, not to grieve you but to let you know the depth of my love for you." 2nd Corinthians 2:4

This verse made me think of how Paul was so much like God! Corinth at the time was sin city, Paul continued to write to them because he knew he could save them. He loved every single one of them, not because he knew them, but because he knew that they were all God's creation. He was loving on them by sharing the word!
This got me thinking...Paul wasn't afraid to share with anyone...so why am I? God makes it clear: "Go out and share the word" is written EVERYWHERE in the Bible. So why don't I feel like I am capable of doing it?
Jesus died for me because he loved ME! This one reason should be enough for me to go out and show his love to others. This is my goal: to not be afraid and reach out to those God loves.

Finally, Friday!
So I was reading 1st Corinthians in my Message Bible. Oh my goodness it put the verses in perfect words.
"I was unsure of how to go about this, and felt totally inadequate-I was scared to death, if you want the truth of it- and so nothing I said could have impressed you or anyone else. But the Message came through anyway. God's spirit and God's power did it." 1st Corinthians 2:3-5

We do not need to be in control of anything. It is okay to be scared out of our minds!! I mean Paul was...and Paul in my opinion was an amazing disciple! Sooo I thought that this verse was encouraging. We have to trust God and we do so God's love and power will move us in the direction of his will. He will guide us with his right hand so it is okay to be afraid =]

Well thats all for now folks
have an awesome weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment