Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Philippians rocks.

Something that really stood out to me from yesterday's reading was the passage in Philippians. I love it because it's so real, in the way that we struggle with this stuff every single day. It's so hard sometimes to remember that our earthly possessions mean absolutely nothing to God. I get so caught up in what I'm wearing and how I look, I sometimes forget that none of that matters in God's eyes. It's so refreshing to be reminded that God loves me no matter what I look like. Especially going to a school where appearance is very highly valued and there is a lot of pressure to look good on the outside, I love being reminded that none of that matters to God, so I shouldn't worry about unimportant stuff like that.

I also love how he writes about "straining towards the goal." Even Paul admits that he's not perfect and that he doesn't have everything right. Sometimes it's hard to admit when we aren't doing something right because of our pride, but I love how Paul admits it so freely. He isn't embarrassed or ashamed to admit that he makes mistakes, so I shouldn't be either. One of my favorite parts is when he says "forgetting what lies behind." The past is behind me, and so are my sins, so I need to move on and focus on strengthening my relationship with Christ.

On another note, I had so much fun this past weekend with all of you and can't wait to get to know you better!!

No comments:

Post a Comment