Friday, March 18, 2011

Week 1- Friday John 21:15-25

Well, come to find out that I somehow started on week two; today’s journey will start on the correct day (Friday). I love the mission that we are all set out to do, it allows us to find new ways to love and cherish god; and to spread his love. Because of my mistake of starting on the second week, I plan on catching back up with everyone while they catch up to me.

Within today’s reading of John 21:15-25 I find the truth so dignifying. Jesus asks Peter three times, “Do you love me Peter?” All three times Peter resounds, “Jesus, of course I love you.” It shows that even through the worst of wrongs; God still loves us and gives us another chance.
The second part; however, I am confused. When Jesus talks to Peter about getting dressed and having the ability of going where ever he wants as a kid, changes when he gets older. Jesus states to Peter that he will no longer have a say; that people will lead him to a place he does not want to go. How is the idea of Peter going places he doesn’t want to go, indicate the death by which Peter would glorify god? Because he will be serving for god even when he is willing, he will indeed go to heaven?

One of my hardest abilities in life is reading comprehension. I will be asking questions ALL THE TIME! But it is for me to only better my knowledge to serve god and others. I am always reaching for more knowledge and with this “Blog” makes my appreciation for love so much more powerful.

No comments:

Post a Comment