Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Day 3

Alright so I have loads of homework to do so I thought I would get started a little earlier today.

So looking at the verse in Matthew I became aware of a few things.
"For where your treasure is, your heart will be also." I feel like there is no grey area with this statement. It's simple: the things you invest your time in is where your heart's passion is. With these next few months I hope that we can store all of our treasures within God's kingdom, "where moth and rust do not destroy".

The next paragraph describes, "The eye is the lamp of the body. If your eyes are good, your whole body will be full of light." God's guiding light. So many times in our lives we go about filling our eyes and mind with evil junk, and see ourselves doing evil. What our eyes see is what we focus on, and where our minds are at. And "If your eyes are good, your whole body will be full of light." We could, quite literally, be filled up to our eyeballs with God's light or Satan's darkness, depending on the choices we make to fill it. With God's light filling our body, there is no way that Satan's darkness can hide within us because light is the absence of darkness. On the contrary, if we are filled with darkness because of our sin and what we choose to show our eyes, darkness consumes us. And it extinguishes our light because darkness is the absence of light.
So I take it seriously when we say "this little light of mine, im gonna let it SHINE"!!!

I love this last sentence of the final verse, "You cannot serve both God and Money." In my bible I love it how Money is capitalized to show how many idolize it and how evil it can be if we let it consume us like darkness. I also feel that money can be subsituted with whatever other earthly treasures we worship other than God. Like it says, "...he will be devoted to one and despise the other...".

I pray that we will focus our eyes on God, storing our treasures in His kingdom while being filled with His Light.

When I read the verse for meditation in John, my Bible commentary brought some new things into my view.

First when Jesus says that, "when I am lifted up from the earth..." he mentions his crucifixion, ressurection, and ascension into heaven.
The biggest impact I had from this verse is the second part, "...will draw all men to myself." It doesn't matter abour your "race, nationality, or status" as my book writes. Jesus' conqering of the cross was so meaningful to our spiritual lives it sweeps across "all men", letting them know of the good news of Jesus' crucifixion, ressurection, and ascension. Even after Jesus had returned to be with His father, He still leads His children to Him through His voice and through His servants spreading God's message to the rest of the world. We all feel The Spirit's tug on our hearts as He draws us to Himself. We all hear His voice inside of us, wanting that personal relationship because of Jesus' death, ressurection, and ascension.

I pray that Jesus will continue to "draw all man" to Himself through His tools, US! The servants of God!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment