Thursday, March 31, 2011

I was encouraged!

BEFORE YOU READ THIS- Check out the post by Reid below \/ this one!

I was encouraged today when I heard that some Barnabi were (literally) calling each other for accountability! It is so cool to see and hear about the reach of community that is far beyond a simple post or e-mail. It is REAL! This is what separates this type of blog from any other blog, we are able to contact, B.E.M.C. one another even outside of this web-reality.

Each week in praying "Father, I thank you for life today..." I am reminded that I'm not thanking him for MY life... I'm thanking Him for the life He allows me, the life I have in Him!

3. Humility-

Day 1- "Maturity is synonymous with humility."- Jeremiah 10:23-15 When I read this passage I think of a Jeremiah praying this and shaking. "Correct me, O LORD, but with justice; Not with Your anger, or You will bring me to nothing." His correcting will destroy me and build me back up, but if He chose to correct me with anger, I would be reduced to nothing. I see and realize Lord that my life is not my own! May I continue to die to myself so others may see YOU!

Day 2- Paul seeks Identity in Christ- I love how just by his introduction of himself in the letter he immediately Identifies himself in Christ! This is such an example, "follow me as I follow Christ". Paul could have introduced himself as, "it's me, I walked with Jesus... look at how I'm suffering, how I've done all this cool stuff" instead he shows us humility, seeking identity in one Who suffered a sinners, humiliating, death on a cross. Powerful! Humility! Reading about day 2 I was challenged with the last question, "What are you choosing today, The pain of discipline or the pain of regret?" I am reminded of Discipline=Freedom. I want to have the pain of discipline, this type of pain leads me to more freedom, this pain leads me to the cross, In the cross there is freedom from... When we look to regret ("instead of embracing the pain of discipline for attaining their life's deepest meaning and thrill, they settle both now and going forward for the scriptures promise of a far deeper and destructive pain... the pain of regret") we try to put shackles back on (insecurities, old lives/ ways ect.) when we do this we realize it those shackles don't go on any more, they don't stay on, we then realize that during this time the shackles were shattered and turned to dust! THEY ARE NOT SHACKLES ANY MORE, CHRIST DESTROYED/DEMOLISHED THEM... IT IS JUST DUST!! Please bring me discipline Jesus, draw me in, break me down, may I be humiliated for Your name, It is only for You that I want to live Jesus, may I no longer try to put those shackles back on Lord, They are just dust!

Day 3- Volunteer position is so cool. Here am I Lord,[ "it goes against what my other friends are doing the summer we graduate from high school, my summer to relax and have time off, wait what am I getting myself into" ], Send me! Sometimes I think we throw up our hands before we know what we are getting into... long hours, scrubbing floors, toilets, dishes... Have I made a huge mistake? He says "No, when you chose to follow Me, you chose to follow Me till the end! It isn't gunna be pretty, it isn't going to be glorious, it is going to be hard work bringing you often to your knees (laughter and tears). WE ARE ALL CALLED TO SERVE... how often do we say "I'm trying to figure out my calling" we are called to serve! WE must choose to serve!

Lord may we be made less so You can be glorified. May I keep choosing to serve you Jesus, that is what I am called to, may I not say "no" to serving! I see my hand shoot up Lord, Here am I Lord, Send me!

Thanks everyone for sharing your thoughts! Keep blogging, and telling others about HIM! I'm encouraged AND challenged by the post below!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment