Monday, March 21, 2011

It's not that easy

Being a servant is not that easy. Living a life where you constantly put others before yourself is not that easy. Building up and encouraging others while you sit there humbly is not that easy.

I know, I have been trying really really hard. I’ve always considered myself a nice loving person but this past week it has been my goal to be a faithful servant, to listen to people in a loving way even if I want to go to sleep, to do chores when I’ve just gotten home from college and all I want to do is sit on the couch and watch TV and to love people no mater who they are. And now God is calling me to be completely humble! I’m not going to lie, I like attention, I am a loud vibrant person who loves compliments.

But the reality is none of that really matters, because I have Gods who loves and serves me. He has given me so much, he sent his son to die on the cross to save me from my sins. The least I can do is serve others in the way he has served, even though he will love me no matter what I do. Being a servant and humbling myself is not easy but it’s amazing, because God wants others to know his love. I am blessed that he has given me, and all the rest of us, the opportunity to serve everyday of our life. I know it’s not easy but I believe in all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment