Thursday, March 31, 2011

Pain of discipline or regret?

Hello friends

Tuesday scripture really spoke to me. 1 Corinthians 11:32 talks about discipline which has been a reoccurring theme in my life recently. I used to think Christians had it easy, the people I met at the church seemed happy and although they may have strayed at one point or another that was a choice that they made to walk away from God and then came back into his grace. So I figured as long as I followed God then my life would be perfect, right? Wrong. It took listening to my friends at college and all of your testimonies for me to realize God challenges us at every stage of our lives. There is pain and suffering in following Jesus, its not all rainbows and butterflies. But, here is the catch, if we don’t follow Jesus we may be able to cover up the pain but the regret and emptiness of not excepting Jesus love is far greater than the pain. Even with the pain we have God and our community to fall on to support us. Discipline is Gods way of loving us, and I am so glad that he does.

Also I just finished reading through Romans. Any suggestions of what I should read next?

No comments:

Post a Comment