Thursday, March 24, 2011

We are the body.

Hi fellow barneys:)
Wednesday's lesson really spoke to me. I loved the references to the body parts and how no part is useless or any less important than another one. An eye cannot hear and a mouth cannot smell, which is why together they do it all. Individually they are incomplete, but together they create something whole and unified (the body!) This is really cool to me to look at this example in the church, showing how one person is no greater than another. We need each other to serve others and to serve God, and to be the body of Christ.

In God's eyes, were all equal. To me, this just shows how amazing our God is, and how big he is. He loves us all so much, yet knows us each individually. When I first heard this, (on houseboats actually!) I was stunned. I couldn't understand how he could know me just as much as knew everyone in the church sitting next to me. His love is that big!
These studies have brought me into such a deeper understanding of his love, and its only week two! You guys are all in my prayers and I hope this is helping you grow as much as it has for me:)

No comments:

Post a Comment